We are growing and we’re looking for a user experience researcher who is passionate about making customers’ lives easier through first-hand research and easy to understand solutions. We want someone who is inquisitive, who wants to truly understand the user’s points-of-pain, explain to clients why customers are struggling, as well as come up with ingenious, yet simple solutions.
We’re a young company but made up of awesome people who have been doing this stuff for a while. We focus on design thinking, UX design and service design projects that have direct customer interaction. We need a dedicated mid-level person to usability test other people’s designs, analyse the findings, and present them with suggested solutions. This may include on-site research, in-depth interviews and diary studies when it becomes safe to do so.
This is a research role as you will mainly be doing usability testing and in-depth interviews, but a good understanding of UX and UI are helpful as part of the report you will need to offer expert opinion and best practice.
- Usability testing & Research experience – someone who is good with people and can interview customers and clients. At least a year of experience in usability testing and analysis.
- Experience in heuristic evaluation techniques.
- Experience with user-centred design methodologies – Personas, Journey maps, Jobs to be done…
- Good interface knowledge. You don’t need to be a UI designer, but mockups of interface solutions might be needed in the reports.
- Problem solver – someone who can tackle hard problems and be willing to try different solutions.
At the moment we are looking for someone who lives in Cape Town that will be able to run in-person testing at our labs in Gardens when its safe to do so.
Ready to apply?
Please send us your CV with work experience focusing on research and UX design. Tell us how you approach problem-solving and what being inquisitive means to you.